The Course is Designed For:
- Individuals who would like to enter the field of Montessori Early Childhood Education
- Preschool, Kindergarten, and Early Childhood teachers who wish to use the Montessori method and/or Montessori materials in their classrooms
- Teachers who would like to work in already existing Montessori schools
- Individuals who plan to open their own schools and would like to use the Montessori Method
- Teachers who would like to use the concrete Montessori material for remedial work in Reading and Math with children in grades 1st through 3rd
- Special Education teachers who need manipulative and concrete materials to develop neuromuscular skills and abstract ideas.
This course is MACTE accredited.
Prerequisites to receive the AMS Early Childhood and AMS Associate Early Childhood Credentials
- Adult learners are not required to have a Bachelor’s degree in order to take the course but must be, as a minimum, a high school graduate. Those who do not have a Bachelor’s degree are eligible to receive an AMS Associate Early Childhood credential. If in the future, a Bachelor’s degree is obtained, the Associate EC credential may be upgraded to an AMS Early Childhood credential.
- In order to receive the AMS Early Childhood credential, the adult learner must have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.